Narrative Report Instructions
These instructions provide descriptive information for the narrative items in the report. The maximum number of pages is 10. Please use the following outline in preparing the narrative part of the Annual Performance Report:
1. State Leadership Funds (AEFLA Section 223)
(a) Describe how the State has used funds made available under section 223 (State Leadership activities) for each the following required activities:
• Alignment of adult education and literacy activities with other one-stop required partners to implement the strategies in the Unified or Combined State Plan as described in section 233(a)(1)(A).
• Establishment or operation of a high quality professional development programs as described in section 233(a)(1)(B).
• Provision of technical assistance to funded eligible providers as described in section 233(a)(1)(C).
• Monitoring and evaluation of the quality and improvement of adult education activities as described in section 233(a)(1)(D).
(b) As applicable, describe how the State has used funds for additional permissible activities described in section 223(a)(2).
2. Performance Data Analysis
Describe how the adult education program performed in the overall assessment of core programs based on the core indicators of performance. Discuss how the assessment was used to improve quality and effectiveness of the funded eligible providers and any plans to further increase performance in future reporting years.
3. Integration with One-stop Partners
Describe how the State eligible agency, as the entity responsible for meeting one-stop requirements under 34 CFR part 463, subpart J, carries out or delegates its required one-stop roles to eligible providers. Describe the applicable career services that are provided in the one- stop system. Describe how infrastructure costs are supported through the local option. In the event the local option was not used in a local area, indicate that the State option was triggered.
4. Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) Program (AEFLA Section 243)
Describe how the state is using funds under Section 243 to support the following activities under the IELCE program:
• Describe when your State held a competition [the latest competition] for IELCE program funds and the number of grants awarded by your State to support IELCE programs.
• Describe your State efforts in meeting the requirement to provide IELCE services in combination with integrated education and training activities;
• Describe how the State is progressing towards program goals of preparing and placing IELCE program participants in unsubsidized employment in in-demand industries and occupations that lead to economic self-sufficiency as described in section 243(c)(1) and discuss any performance results, challenges, and lessons learned from implementing those program goals; and
• Describe how the State is progressing towards program goals of ensuring that IELCE program activities are integrated with the local workforce development system and its functions as described in section 243(c)(2) and discuss any performance results, challenges, and lessons learned from implementing those program goals.
5. Adult Education Standards
If your State has adopted new challenging K-12 standards under title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended, describe how your Adult Education content standards are aligned with those K-12 standards.
• Optional – Describe implementation efforts, challenges, and any lessons learned.
6. Programs for Corrections Education and the Education of Other Institutionalized Individuals (AEFLA Section 225)
What was the relative rate of recidivism for criminal offenders served? Please describe the methods and factors used in calculating the rate for this reporting period.